Saturday 9 June 2012

Creflo Dollar Makes Statement on Arrest

Congregants at World Changers Church International near Atlanta can expect to see their recently arrested pastor, Creflo Dollar, in church on Sunday, according to the Associated Press.

Yesterday Dollar was charged with simple battery and cruelty to children after a fight with his 15-year-old daughter left her with a visible injury on her neck. The altercation was over whether she could attend a party, said officials. He was released from Fayette County jail on $5,000 bond.

"As a father I love my children and I always have their best interest at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever cause bodily harm to my children," Dollar said in a statement released by his lawyer Nikki Bonner. "The facts in this case will be handled privately to further protect my children. My family thanks you for your prayers and continued support."

Dollar will make no further comments since he's involved in the ongoing criminal matter, but he is expected to preach Sunday, Bonner said.

No comments:

Post a Comment